Sunday, June 20, 2010

Salar Jung Museum



We had a nice break yesterday (Saturday). Well sort of. We did laundry for four hours and didn't finish it all. Doing laundry by hand, in buckets, is tedious work. We have a veranda/roof top area to wash and hang our clothes. Last time I did laundry I got the worst sunburn I have ever had. So I loaded up with sunscreen yesterday and made it through ok.

We went to the Salar Jung Museum. It's either the largest, or one of the largest, personal collections in the world. The museum is huge and we only got to half of the rooms before it closed. The most incredible piece was the Veiled Rebecca. It's an Italian marble sculpture that was breathtaking. I've never seen a more beautiful marble sculpture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...