Friday, November 5, 2010

Six Weeks Late...English Classes

Funny thing.  I originally came to Paraguay planning to spend most of my time working on an English curriculum and teaching English classes here at the school.  Once we got here, the school director informed us that the students would be taking exams for a month.  The school year was almost over, and it really wasn't a good time to begin a new English class.  So, I've focused on creating the English curriculum and working on other projects with Tay. 

Here's the funny part: six weeks later,  I have been asked to teach English classes.  Not sure why, but here we go.  Tay is my trusty assistant and fellow English expert.  We've taught two lessons so far.  It's quite a challenge, actually.  The students are on such different English levels, and English is a bizarre language compared to Spanish.  All the weird stuff like "ph" making an "f" sound etc.  How do you explain that?  Luckily the students are excited to learn, and it's been fun spending more time with them. 

1 comment:

  1. I love it. haha. I bet you are AMAZING! :) I miss those days of planning lessons for 10101001 hours...but I'm sure you are right back at it, making everything fun, exciting, and interesting for all of those kids. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...