Monday, October 10, 2011

Our Baby!

IMG_7782.JPG

Nora Kenya MacKay
 was born on October 6, 2011 at 4:40 am in Mombasa, Kenya. I started feeling contractions at 2:15 am. At first I wasn't sure they were real, but after a few minutes Taylor convinced me to drive to the hospital anyway. We rushed to the car, got to the Mombasa ferry just as it was about to leave, and arrived at the hospital at 3:30 am. Natural childbirth hurt like heck, but it was worth it. She was two days early, weighing in at 7 pounds, 11 ounces and measuring 20 inches. Can you believe the whole labor (including meals, a night in a private hospital room, painkillers for the next week etc.) cost us just $380?

1 comment:

  1. I'm here with Melissa and we are really excited for you two and your new little Nora. The picture doesn't work so you may want to do that again because I want to see some serious photos coming up here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...