Wednesday, July 21, 2010

McDonald's in India


It was Taylor who begged me to cross the street and go to McDonald's. Yes, Taylor is a big fan of McDonald's now that we're in India. Not that he hated it before. He just always preferred Carl's Junior or Wendy's. (Sorry if you're hearing this for the first time, Dad. I've been trying to work on him.) Anyway, I guess that since those two are no longer options, Taylor has decided to root for McDonald's and thus strengthen family relationships.

You may be wondering what McDonald's is like without the beef. I was also curious. It's still good. Fries are the same golden, salty deliciousness as America. The ice cream tastes deliciously the same as well. They even have chocolate dipped cones, and yes we did get them. But the burgers... you have two options: chicken and veg. I think some places have mutton but not Hyderabad's McDonald's. I had an aloo (potato) tikka burger, which was pretty good. It had delicious sauce, but I didn't love the patty, which tasted like a hashbrown collided with green pea soup. I think I'll try chicken next time. But the ice cream and the french fries were worth the trip. Did I mention it's SO cheap? Like $4 for two meals including fries and drinks and ice cream. Too bad our McDonald's bucks don't work here. Think how much we could buy!

Anyway, I thoroughly loved my time at McDonald's and felt right at home. I even thought of applying there, but I don't know if they'd be willing to go through the visa process. Kind-of labor intensive for a minimum wage earner who can't even speak the local language. Ok, and I'm also trying to move on from visor jobs since I've already had two: lifeguarding and McDonald's. The post-work ringhead is more than I can bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...