Monday, May 31, 2010

Hyderabad: Hot, Humid, Chaotic, Incredible


So the internet situation here has been more difficult than I anticipated. Due to recent terrorist attacks and threats in India, everyone is extremely paranoid. Every internet cafe requires a copy of your passport, cell phone number, and e-mail address. They don't easily let you use a USB drive to transfer pictures or documents, so my blogging has been poor.

However, I now have a decent internet connection and some time to share my experiences with all of you.

Where to start?

I arrived here in Hyderabad, India over a week ago. I landed in Hyderabad at 3am after a very long and complicated flight. As Mandy mentioned earlier I lost my passport in Chicago and ended up delaying my flight 24 hours. Luckily the airlines found it and sent it to me in Chicago. That was a very stressful afternoon. I left Utah on Tuesday morning and landed in Hyderabad on Friday morning.

It's been a wild ride over the past week, but I absolutely love it here. I've never experienced heat like this though... Hyderabad is in the middle of a record high heat wave. It's well over 110 with 70-80 % humidity. We are buying an AC today so that will help a lot, though the power has been in and out nearly everyday. I've been drinking between 7 and 8 liters of water a day and still feel a bit dehydrated.

The branch that we are attending (Hyderabad 2nd) is amazing. The church here is growing quickly. I love the members. They have been extremely inviting and helpful. I am excited to get to know everyone better and to spend time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...